The Boston suburb of Hyde Park, Massachusetts, is often called “A Small Town in the City,” as it offers a distinctly relaxed atmosphere that is worlds apart from the nearby Boston downtown. While the city was once a manufacturing and production hub with many thriving facilities and busy warehouses, it has grown and developed into a casual, family-friendly town with its own eclectic look and feel, and with plenty to see and do!
1. My Grandma’s of New England still produces their world famous coffee cakes in Hyde Park. While many of the city’s manufacturing plants have relocated out of the city, My Grandma’s of New England actually moved their production to Hyde Park in recent years, to enjoy the space needed to keep producing some of the country’s most well-known pastries. If you’re ever in Hyde Park, be sure to purchase a slice right out of the oven, but do so quickly as they are known to sell out of their entire inventory every single day!
2. The Vertulla Building is one of the city’s oldest wooden structures, designed in a Second Empire style that was made popular in the mid-1800s. One reason the building has remained intact for so long is that it has been in the hands of the same family for nearly 100 years! The building now serves as a historical anchor to the city’s Logan Square, and is a must-see for visiting tourists.
3. Everett Square Theatre has been around since 1915, when it was built as a moving picture theater house. Comedic actor Milton Berle autographed one wall of the theater in 1925, and his name remains in place today! The refurbished theater now boasts a foyer designed for temporary art exhibits and other displays, and is a true Hyde Park landmark that must be seen and experienced.
4. For those who love the outdoors, Hyde Park is just steps away from the Blue Hills and Stony Brook Reservation, two beautiful rustic locations that offer lots to see and do. If you prefer hiking, biking, or just sitting in the sun, visit either attraction during your time in Hyde Park.
5. Hyde Park boasts a great place for kids, the Sky Zone Trampoline Park! Offering a great “jump in the dark” experience, with darkened pits and glow-in-the-dark places for jumping as well as obstacle courses and places for climbing, Sky Zone is sure to keep your kids bouncing for hours. The more adventurous adults might even join in the fun!
The Boston Roofers is proud of the roofing installation and repair services they offer to residents of Hyde Park and the greater Boston area. Considering themselves the best roofing contractors in Hyde Park, The Boston Roofers brings a meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to excellence that you won’t find elsewhere. Never leave your needed repairs or new roof installation to just any roofing contractors in Hyde Park, but call the experts at The Boston Roofers for all your residential and commercial roofing needs.