Arlington, Massachusetts, is a suburb a mere six miles northwest of Boston, and the town is appreciated for its cozy and welcoming vibe while being only a stone’s throw from the big city. While Arlington is just over five square miles in size, there are many amazing attractions you won’t want to miss in and around the city. If you’re heading to Boston for a vacation or even if you live in the area, you might note these fun things to do in Arlington, Massachusetts, that are sure to keep you busy every day of the week!
1. The Mount Auburn Cemetery, the first garden cemetery in the United State, might not sound like a fun attraction but its grounds offer lots of beautiful flowers and natural attractions you might enjoy seeing! The cemetery is registered as a National Landmark due to its age and because of the famous figures buried there, so consider touring the grounds and noting the monuments for a vision of America’s past.
2. The Middlesex Falls Reservation boasts over 2500 acres of a beautiful natural setting, perfect for hiking, biking, bird watching, or just enjoying time in the sun. The reservation also has stunning ponds and lots of space for dog walking, making it a perfect spot for families.
3. Fresh Pond is known for being a very peaceful lake that was once used as an ice harvest in wintertime! Today you can spend hours hiking around the lake or picnicking under any of its lush trees, and it’s also a favorite spot for local joggers and bikers.
4. Robbins Farm Park was once a working farm, until it was turned into a public park with ball fields and plenty of space for hiking and relaxing. There is also a playground for the kids, so be sure to pack a basket and plan a day for the entire family.
5. Wilson Farm is an upscale farmer’s market that offers a wide range of fresh fruit and vegetables as well as homemade baked goods, fresh meats, and so much more! If you’re looking for a spot to browse for a day while getting your grocery shopping done, and prefer fresh food grown locally versus a national grocery chain, be sure to take time and visit Wilson Farm.
The Boston Roofers is proud to serve the Arlington, Massachusetts, area and the company’s founders know that they are the best roofing contractors in Arlington and surrounding cities. The Boston Roofers offers each customer a FREE estimate as well as a full one-year price lock guarantee, so your new commercial or residential roofing installation in Arlington begins only when you’re ready! The Boston Roofers brings almost 20 years of experience in the roofing industry to every property they service and set themselves apart from other roofing contractors in Arlington with their fine attention to detail and outstanding customer service. Your home or business deserves nothing less than the best roofing contractors in Arlington, so call on the pros at The Boston Roofers for all the roofing work you need to have done.