Situated just west of the city of Boston, Brookline is a beautiful suburb that is a favorite for singles and families alike. As with other area cities and suburbs, Brookline boasts many historic attractions and natural, outdoor features that any visitor or local is sure to love! Before you plan a visit to Brookline or even if you already live in the Boston area, check out these amazing Brookline, Massachusetts, attractions you won’t want to miss.
1. The Emerald Necklace is a chain of parks that snake around Boston and Brookline, boasting over 1100 acres of lush, natural beauty. When visiting The Emerald Necklace, you might enjoy hiking, biking, skating, bird watching, or just sitting by the river. You can also join in organized cleanups and tours around any of the parks that make up the chain!
2. The Larz Anderson Park offers over 60 acres of natural beauty for you to enjoy while in Brookline. The park includes planned landscaping and waterscaping with fountains and manmade pools that are perfect for relaxing or as a backdrop when enjoying a leisurely stroll. The park also offers a stunning background for weddings and other important events!
3. Jamaica Pond borders both Brookline and Boston and is part of the Emerald Necklace chain of parks. Jamaica Pond offers lots of space for walking along the water’s edge, for sightseeing the beautiful homes built in the area, and for rowing, boating, kayaking, and fishing. There is also a parade around the pond every Halloween, with participants sporting their holiday costumes as they march around the water’s edge!
4. Beacon Street is an excellent spot for shopping and just getting out and walking around the city! This retail district actually works its way through Boston and Brookline and offers many amazing, charming buildings built with old-world architecture that cannot be found elsewhere. The district is so well-loved and recognized as part of Bostonian culture that the outside of Beacon Street’s Bull and Finch Bar provided the location and many exterior shots for the TV series “Cheers.”
5. For those appreciating something indoors, consider the Larz Anderson Auto Museum, offering the oldest collection of motorcars in the United States! You can tour the museum and see rare, antique and vintage cars and motorbikes you won’t find elsewhere. You can also enjoy a guided tour, all under the building’s architecture that was designed to resemble carriage houses of old.
The Boston Roofers is proud to call themselves the best roofing contractors in Brookline and surrounding areas, offering almost 20 years of experience in the industry and an ironclad guarantee on all their roof repairs and installation work. The Boston Roofers sets itself apart from other roofing contractors in Brookline by giving each customer a full one-year price lock guarantee, so you can schedule your commercial or residential roof repairs or new roof installation when it works for you! Using only certified, factory-direct roof shingles and tiles, The Boston Roofers ensures quality and value and a fine attention to customer service that you won’t find anywhere else in the Brookline area.