Braintree, Massachusetts, sits almost directly south of Boston and is a favorite spot for those looking to stay close to the city while still enjoying a true suburban, outdoorsy atmosphere. If you’re thinking of visiting Braintree or even if you already live in this town, you might note some fun and interesting things to do in the area, so you know you never overlook the potential for sightseeing and enjoying the great outdoors!
1. The Blue Hills Reservation is a 6000-acre state park that offers plenty of space for hiking, biking, bird watching, relaxing by the water, and just enjoying some fresh air! There is also camping in the summer and you can even try your hand at water skiing if you’d prefer something a bit more adventurous.
2. Pond Meadow Park is a conversation area that covers over 320 acres, with a 20-acre pond and dam that provide a perfect backdrop for relaxing outdoors. You can hike, do some bird watching, or simply sit and soak up the sun on its many trails and benches.
3. The United States Naval Shipbuilding Museum offers a glimpse into how U.S. military ships are made, and you can even see one up close, as the museum houses the decommissioned USS Salem! There are lots of maritime mementos and a Navy SEAL exhibit, perfect for military and history buffs alike.
4. The John Quincy Adams Birthplace in Braintree is a reflection of true American history. John Quincy Adams, the sixth president of the United States, was the son of John Adams, the second president, and the Adams family was influential in shaping early American politics. For anyone interested in American history, this humble but significant home is a must-see!
5. The Blue Hills Skyline Trail is a beautiful outdoor trail that offers lots of space for hiking and enjoying an unobstructed view of the nearby cityscape. The rustic appeal of the trail is sure to please those who appreciate untouched nature at its finest.
6. The General Sylvanus Thayer House is a historic house in Braintree, open year-round for tours. If you love historic architecture and want to see how people really lived several centuries ago, add this simple but stunning home to your tour agenda!
7. Sunset Lake is located on the south side of Braintree and offers a stunning attraction for nature lovers in the area. If you prefer boating, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, or just sitting by the water watching the sunset, then you need go no further than gorgeous Sunset Lake!
For the best roofing contractors in Braintree, be sure to call on the experts at Risk Free Roofing Boston. With over 45 years of experience in the roofing and home improvement industries, Risk Free Roofing Boston offers a meticulous attention to detail and quality workmanship that you won’t find with just any roofing contractors in the Braintree area. Risk Free Roofing Boston also offers a price lock guarantee and only uses certified, factory-direct roofing shingles and tiles, guaranteeing a solid and durable roof for your home or business. No matter your needs for roofing contractors in Braintree, call on the experts at Risk Free Roofing Boston.