While situated some 17 miles southwest of the city of Boston, the town of Natick is considered part of the greater Boston area. This city is a prime spot for families and singles alike, and provides lots to see and do for vacationers and tourists as well! If you’re planning a trip to Boston and want to stretch your legs a bit and see some amazing sights in the area, check out these fun things to do when in Natick, Massachusetts and its nearby neighboring cities.
1. The Mass Audubon's Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary is home to many varieties of birds as well as otters and other wildlife. The sanctuary offers plenty of space for hiking or for simply relaxing while doing some bird watching and soaking up the sun.
2. History buffs will love the International Museum of World War II. This nonprofit museum is devoted to relics and historical documents and monuments of World War II and offers lots of educational opportunities for kids and families alike.
3. Cochituate State Park is a day use park that offers plenty of areas for picnicking as well as boating and fishing. The park is built around Lake Cochituate, which connects to three ponds that are perfect for families to relax and enjoy nature.
4. The Gardens at Elm Bank occupy over 36 acres of the Elm Bank Reservation, itself over 175 acres of fields, woodlands, and natural attractions. The Gardens are home to the Massachusetts Horticultural Society, so it’s an excellent choice for those who love flowers and natural attractions.
5. The Davis Museum is actually located in the nearby city of Wellesley, on the campus of world-renowned Wellesley College. The museum boasts a proud collection of artwork as well as offering workshops and other educational opportunities for budding artists.
6. Dug Pond may not sound like much, but this lake is home to Memorial Beach, the only swimming beach in the city! Dug Pond is not very deep, a mere 15 feet on average, making it a great area for families who prefer a calmer water body for children and for simply relaxing.
7. Outdoorsy types will also appreciate Rocky Narrows, an outdoor paradise that offers trails and cliffs and even boating in the nearby Charles River. Take a backpack and make a day of it, as there is plenty to see and experience when enjoying Rocky Narrows.
8. Lake Waban is also technically in nearby Wellesley, but is a favorite spot for Natick residents and visitors. The trails around the lake offer hours of hiking for those of all skill levels!
Risk Free Roofing Boston is committed to providing all Natick area homes and businesses with nothing but the highest-quality roofing installation and repairs, and they proudly call themselves the best roofing contractors in Natick. Risk Free Roofing Boston offers only certified, factory-direct roofing shingles and other materials, and bring over 45 years of experience in the roofing industry to every property they service. Never settle for anything less than the most qualified, professional roofing contractors in Natick, which you’ll only find at Risk Free Roofing Boston!